- Want to find out what’s hot about dogs? Check out this article by Honolulu Weekly on Hank’s Haute Dogs.
- Confused and scared of the maze-like Chinatown Cultural Plaza? That might be a good thing if you get lost and find yourself at Terry’s Place, a great hidden bar. Read about it here.
- Out on Waianae side? Do you want something progressive and organic? Then check out Kahumana Cafe as reviewed by the Star-Advertiser here. Definitely, looks like good eats and is helping keep us keep green on the insides and out.
- Midweek has the following articles from this past week:
- an interview with Dylan Ching, General Manager of Duke’s;
- want to overindulge in the city of sin? Then check out this write-up on Kokomo’s;
- going to a polo match? bring some of the suggestions by sommlier Roberto Viernes; and
- continuining with the eating local theme for this week’s Kanu Challenge, Jo McGarry comments about her experience.
- In similar vein, Michael Levine of Civil Beat tracks his journey of eating local for the week here.
- The Maui News reports the following:
- Chef Mark Ellman launched a new book talking the use of “aloha” and its meaning to various people, and plans to open another restaurant in Lahaina next year, for more info check it out here;
- The Maui Beach Hotel will be experimenting with sit-down dinners, for more info on what this entails read it here; and
- finally, this article details how Pizza Paradiso over at Honokowai Marketplace has added a Mediterranean Grill serving up lamb gyros on flat bread, hummus, dolmas and occasionally, kebabs.
- Last, but certainly not least, Refridgeraider does a write-up about Off-Menu’s Off-Premise Dinner held at Manifest this past Monday (9/27), check it out here.
- As always if you’d like to follow the Grub Club feel free to subscribe by clicking the appropriate option on the sidebar. If you are interested in joining us for a dinner, event, or just to find out what the club is up to send us an e-mail at Hnlgrubclub@gmail.com.