- An interesting look at Hawaii’s community kitchens or incubator kitchens, which have help shape the small food businesses in the islands can be found here.
- It’s peanut butter jelly time! Honolulu Weekly’s article gives you some location to get your nuttiness on! Some of my fave places to go in the list include: Bubbies, Hokulani Bake Shop, and Cake Couture. I haven’t tried Otto Cake or Cake Envy, but may be I should seeing as HGC is having its Cheesecake Competition this month!
- This is a review of Gaan Sushi, which is a small (four tables + a sushi bar) restaurant hidden behind Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel that caters to the sushi purist.
- Jo McGarry does a quick interview with Kelly Sanders, GM of Sheraton Waikiki, on his approach to cooking and some of his favorite places to eat on the island.
- This post tells you that Max World Bistro, a fun eatery that serves up comfort food from around the world, is “Hot in Haiku.”
- The Maui Arts and Cultural Center will be having their Maui Calls signature fundraiser Aug. 13 starting at 6 p.m. The theme this year is Glamour of Old Hawaii and to find out more information click here.
- And this June post talks about how the best beet can win you some extra money at the Fruit and Vegetable Show at the Kaua‘i County Farm Fair, Aug. 26-29.