How good are you at telling what you are eating without seeing it?
- It’s the second weekend of Aug., so what better way to talk about ice cream! Check out Honolulu Weekly’s guide to some cold treats. – Also if you are interested in the history of ice cream check out Refridgeraider’s post here.
- By the way, what is your favorite frozen treat? Refridgeraider loves gelato over ice cream, but another HGC member loves ice cream. How about you? Take out poll at the bottom of this post.
- Formaggio Grill gives a whole new meaing to blind taste test, try eating your food blind-folded at Dining in the Dark to see how well you know your food. For the Star-Advertiser’s article click here. If you want to find out more about Dining in the Dark click this link.
- Midweek’s Jo McGary brings another close-up of a local chef, this time Hiroshi Eurasion Tapa’s Executive Chef Hiroshi Fukui.
Neighbor Island News
- Curious about eating beets, making cake out of them (yes, I did mean a Beet Cake), and the getting info on the Kaua‘i County Farm Bureau Fair, check it out here.
- Finally, I know some of you like gardening (or attempting to garden) and love fresh herbs, so take a peek here to help you get started with your own herb garden.
Honolulu Grub Club Stuff
- Don’t forget next weekend (Aug. 21) is the First Annual HGC Cheesecake Competition, which is shaping up to be a tasty battle. We have five competitors preparing their most awesome Cheesecakes. There will be cheesecake (served by the competitors) and coffee to go along afterward. Don’t forget to bring $5 and a mug for your cheesecake and coffee! E-mail for details.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged beets, blind, Cake, dining in the dark, eating, formaggio, garden, gelato, herb, Hiroshi, ice cream