- Vegetarians lamenting about how little restaurant options you have in the land of loco moco? Well, the Star-Advertiser just reviewed two new vegetarian restaurants that opened up. Check out the article here on Loving Hut and Peace Cafe.
- Speaking of vegan, how about vegan cupcakes too? Check out Honolulu Weekly’s write-up on Rise Up Cakes!
- Midweek interviews Dave Campbell, Brewer at Sam Choy’s Big Aloha Brewery. Sounds like an intoxicating! Might need to hit up Sam Choy’s for ideas for the HGC Oktoberfest Party!
- Midweek also takes a look at Ka Lei Eggs and how its tradition keeps this local brand egg-cellent, as the mainland egg farmers suffer from salmonella outbreak; for more info on the salmonella outbreak check out this NPR article and see also this article about the resistance of eggs to salmonella.
- Honolulu Weekly reminds of the Taste of Hawaiian Range Festival coming up on the Big Island’s Waikoloa. If you are on the Big Island next weekend something definitely to check out.
- The Maui News has the following food interest pieces:
- Reported from The Garden Island: at the first-ever Kaua‘i Grown Chef Cookoff for Charity at the Kaua‘i County Farm Bureau Fair Chef Matt Dela Cruz, executive chef of Roy’s Po‘ipu Grill and Bar, topped his competitors.