Hello Grub Clubbers and Everyone,
Happy New Year!
It’s been a long break. December was fun, but hectic, and ultimately the start of my 2011 has also been fun and hectic. So much so I haven’t had time to update this blog.
Upcoming exciting things to talk about:
I will go back to updating my food blog regularly (but less frequently because I will be working on my legal blog!). In addition, I will be doing a “Ask a Wine Guy” piece. I will be fielding a question for the HGC sommelier member from all of you readers or I will ask him one myself, and then post his response and suggestion. Contact me and I may use your question.
Frugalfoodie tells me he will be re-launching his blog and will get a brand new look and writing style. So definitely, look forward to that!
Having a Yelp Reviewer who has an awesome appetite and terrific writing style helps. Totally, check out her Yelp Reviews here.
La Tour Cafe has opened, and while sadly I have no pictures, reviews, or anything other than a link to Honolulu Magazine’s First Taste, I can say check it out for lunch and dinner now! As I have done both this past week (and they just opened this past week). You can also find more info. on them on Facebook.
In other news, while, not solely about food, Sara Lin of Civil Beat highlights how traditions are important for the New Year. Check it out here.
Lastly, if you somehow slept through the Gregorian Calendar New Year. Honolulu Chinatown will be doing New Years’ all over again for the lunar new year soon. Find out about the Year of the Rabbit in Honolulu here.
As always, our Flickr account is updated with delectable images that will remind you it is probably time to go and eat now!
HGC Event for Jan.: Off-Menu’s Off-Premise Dining: Oshogatsu (Japanese New Year)
Chef Kyle Matsumoto and Chef Grant Murata from Off the Wall
- 1st Course: Edamame Hummus with Grilled Flatbread & Caprese Won Ton, Balsamic Soy Reduction
- 2nd Course:”Korean Salmon Carpaccio” | Kalbi Salmon Tataki with Kim Chee Garden Salad
- 3rd Course: “Asian Shrimp & Chips” | Sweet Prawn Karaage on a bed of Vegetable Fries
- 4th Course: Braised Shoyu Pork Okinawan Soba Pasta
- Dessert: Okinawan Andagi with Azuki Bean & Yuzu Mousse
- Other info: No-Host Bar will be Available / Cost is $45/person (Includes Tax and Tip) / Saturday, January 29 · 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Interested in joining us for a food event? Then contact the Honolulu Grub Club through this website or find us on Facebook!
Until next time, bon appetit!