Sorry no fun picture this week. I’ve got a lot of prep work for tomorrow! Tomorrow will be the 1st HGC Cheesecake Competition. Look to posts and pictures about it next week! On to the island food news:
- Honolulu Weekly was able to get some answers from Iron Chef Morimoto, as he prepares for his opening of his restaurant and the Made In Hawaii Festival this weekend. If you aren’t eating cheesecake with us, or don’t have any other plans you should check it out here.
- The Star-Advertiser has its review up on the Honolulu Burger Co.
- Midweek talks to Maui Tacos Hawaii Operations Manager, Chef Jose “Pepe” Vega, here.
- The Garden Island has an interesting article talking about food self-sufficiency, and there is an emphasis on smart gardening techniques; the author is offering a 15-week course at Kauai Community College, entitled “Sustainable Gardening and Farming.” Check out the article here.
- Over at the Maui News, Dining Editor, Carla Tracy reviews Pita Paradise Mediterranean Bistro, a fun “date night” or daytime place to grab a Greek bite. See for yourself here.