- Have an extra hour or two for lunch in downtown? Tired of seeing all the same people for those power lunches? Well, Honolulu Weekly dishes up some of the hidden downtown eats. Not so hidden after everyone reads about it here.
- Curious about more secret eating? Check out Honolulu Magazine’s quick write-up on Secret Menus. Moreover, check back here as we talk about Off-Menu’s first exclusive dining event in the forthcoming weeks.
- The Star-Advertiser catches up with a Hawaii restaurateur George “Cass” Castagnola and reviews his latest establishment, Castagnola’s Pizzeria.
- How does your emotions play on your wine? Find out with this MidWeek article and some recommendations for certain pairings.
- Honolulu Weekly talks tea in this article about natural farming done by Mauna Kea Tea on the Big Island. Incidentally, I (Refridgeraider) picked up “For All the Tea in China: How England Stole the World’s Favorite Drink and Changed History” – I’ll let you know more about that on my site when I get to it.
- If you find yourself not on the golden coast with Katy Perry and California gurls, but the Kohala Coast with local gurls and want some place nice eat, you might want to check out the following article from Honolulu Magazine.
- Over at the Maui News:
- On Maui and want to make a quick getaway? Head over to Four Seasons Resort Lana’i where they are now offering “Lana’i on your lanai” promotion, and it’s like room service, but done with a “private server, a fun musical playlist as well as extensive gourmet menu,” says the public relations manager. Find out more about it here.
- Seems like Italian is the name of the game this week with the pizzeria and now this article on how the Hulopo’e Court at Four Seasons Resort Lana’i at Manele Bay has changed its menu; the Court now serves up fine Italian fare. The only thing that hasn’t changed is the gorgeous view.