Sorry for missing this week completely, but alas I have some other pressing matters that I had to do this past week. I promise this week I will be on time. Anyway, let’s get to what Hawaii food news there was this past week.
- Like Korean food? Like Izakaya food? Why not try Richo? Honolulu Weekly discusses how this restaurant mutes the spiciness of Korean food with a Japanese style.
- At Nuuanu Okazuya you will taste andagi meets Baskin Robins 31 flavors (and then some!), Chef Jonathan Mosley has infused the little Okinawan treat with 76 different flavors and counting, check out the Honolulu Weekly write-up here.
- Midweek serves up the following interest pieces:
- a discussion with Iron Chef Morimoto of his opening an eatery down in Waikiki;
- an interview with Audrey Kamiya, Outlet manager for Beachhouse at Moana Surfrider;
- the science behind why sulfur is used in wine making; and finally,
- for you advanced fried rice makers why not try Sam Choy’s 2 recipes found here.